18.-29. Juli in Heidelberg
Climate Change and Health
Impact and Adaptation Strategies
Die Teilnehmenden lernen die Auswirkungen des Klimawandels auf die Gesundheit der Menschen zu erkennen. Strategien zur Anpassung an die sich verändernde Umwelt werden aufgezeigt.
The objective of this course is to provide participants with the ability to recognise the linkages between climate change and health and provide them with methods and tools to manage the impact of climate change on health. Examples will be drawn, whenever possible, from both developed and developing countries and cases studies will serve as a basis for learning.
The topics covered in the course comprise the following:
- Physico-chemical basis of anthropogenic climate change and its dynamics
- Environmental impact of climate change
- Climate-sensitive diseases
- Health outcome linked to climate change and environmental impact
- Methods for assessing health impact
- Mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Policies for mitigation and adaptation and their evaluation
Detailed information on the course as well as valuable pre arrival information is available on the website of the Institute for Public Health.
- Global Public Health
- Sonstige - Public Health
Date / Time
Organizer and Venue
- Institut für Public-Health, Heidelberg